Waukesha County

Changing a Court Order or Judgmemt

Once the divorce, legal separation, or final judgment of paternity has been granted, parties may make changes to some parts of their Court Order or Judgment. However, making changes to previously made court orders can sometimes be more complicated than you might think. Parties are encouraged to consider the legal issues before filing actions with the court.

Review the Legal Issues
Once the issues are considered, changes can be made one of two ways:

  1. By StipulationThe parties AGREE to all the details of what they want changed.

  2. By MotionThe parties DO NOT AGREE to the details of what they want changed.

Connect with us! Facebook Linkedin Twitter YouTube Connect with us on Nextdoor