Waukesha County

Maintenance (Spousal Support)

A party seeking support from the other spouse may request maintenance in the divorce or legal separation.  The court may order maintenance for a limited or indefinite length of time.  When considering whether to award maintenance, the court will look at all of the circumstances of the parties, including but not limited to, the factors listed in WI Statute 767.56.   Note: We recommend that you consult with a tax professional to review the tax consequences related to maintenance payments.

Connect with us! Facebook Linkedin Twitter YouTube Connect with us on Nextdoor