Waukesha County

Waukesha County

Register of Deeds

Department Head: James Behrend

Phone: 262-548-7583

E-Mail: Vital Records / Land Records / Recording
 └ Note
: Land Records does not fulfill e-mail requests for documents. Please read this memo: Memo

Address:  Waukesha County Administration Center
                  515 W Moreland Blvd Rm AC110
                  Waukesha, WI 53188 [MAP]

Office Hours Mon-Fri: 8:00AM - 4:30PM 
  └ Recording Hours: 8:00AM-4:00PM 
  └ Vitals Applications Accepted: 8:00AM-4:00PM

Genealogy Hours: TUES-FRI 9:00AM-2:00PM *
Only family records from Waukesha County can be searched.

Land Record Document Copies: 8:00am-4:15pm

We are located in Room 110 of the Waukesha County Administration Building











• Fax Requests: recieved fax requests may take up to 2 business days to respond to. 

• Large Print Orders: large print orders recieved in our office may take 1-2 business days to process (depending on the size of the order). 

Effective October 1st 2018, land records documents will no longer be recorded immediately at the counter. Documents will be recorded in the order of receipt, generally within 1-2 business days. Documents will be recorded between 8:00AM and 4:00PM Monday-Friday, pursuant to Waukesha County Ordinance. If you visit us in person, please arrive no later than 4:00PM in order to allow sufficient time for our staff to review your documents.

Documents will be returned to customers with a receipt by mail. All documents submitted for recording must include payment by check or money order for the recording fee and any applicable transfer fee. For more efficient and quicker processing, we recommend you consider eRecording your documents. Information about eRecording vendors is available on our website. Click here for more information.

Our staff will continue to examine documents to determine if they are recordable and answer general process questions. Our staff is NOT able to give legal advice (answering legal questions, determining which form(s) to use, etc.). If you have questions about what type of document you need to record, or how to fill out a particular form, we recommend that you contact an attorney or title company.

Office Closure(s):
   └ None.