Waukesha County

COVID-19 Vaccine: Learn more at www.waukeshacounty.gov/vaccine


“Service” and “service of process” are legal terms used to describe the act of giving notice of a lawsuit or court hearing to another person. There are several different methods and very specific time limits by which you must have the other party served. The type of service you are required to use depends on the type of action you are filing. If you do not have the other party served properly (within the correct time limits and using the correct method) the court cannot hear or decide your case.

Notice: This packet describes only the most common methods of service available for use. Please seek legal assistance if you would like to explore additional/alternative methods or if the forms you are filing are not listed.

Filing for Divorce or Legal Separation and can't find the other party? If you have received an Affidavit of Due Diligence/Not Found from a private process server or Sheriff's Department you may consider Service by Publication.

Below you will find the Instructions and all the forms you will need to get from the beginning to the end of this court process. You have the option to:

  • Print the forms in PDF or
  • Complete the Word Fillable forms on-line

Please keep in mind that not all forms are due at the same time. Review the Instructions (we recommend that you print it and keep it with your papers) to determine in what order to complete each form and other tasks required.

Hint: ONLY COMPLETE THE TASKS IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED-Read ahead, but do not work ahead.

Service Packet





Instructional Guide



Waukesha County Sheriff's Department-Service FAQ's




Admission of Service





Affidavit of Service





Affidavit of Mailing