1. If there is media interest in a specific scheduled hearing, the Waukesha Media Coordinator, will contact a Court Official’s Legal Clerk to confirm hearing details and will provide the Legal Clerk with the number of camera crews and still camera media members he is expecting.*
2. Legal Clerk will verify with Court Official how they would like to proceed. Most Court Officials allow one video camera and one still camera in the court room during proceedings, but all media allowance is subject to judicial discretion on a hearing-by-hearing basis.
3. If the media request is for two or more cameras or there has been a request to pool in the JAR, Legal Clerk will email the Media Request group for pooling options. Please include the following:
4. Pooling options will be:
5. If pooling is available in the JAR, the Departmental Executive Assistant will confirm with a response to the request. If the JAR is not available, alternate set up will be coordinated by the Principal IT Professional or the Programs and Projects Analyst and relayed back to the requesting Legal Clerk.
6. Legal Clerk will email the Media Coordinator finalized media details.
* Please note: Intake Court is generally excluded from the above process due to the immediate nature of proceedings.