Waukesha County

Waukesha County Huber Facility Transfer Requests

1. Eligibility.
The Waukesha County Huber Facility will accept transfer inmates with Huber privileges from other jurisdictions provided the inmates were issued Huber privileges and allowed to transfer to Waukesha County by the original sentencing court. Inmates without Huber privileges are not accepted as transfers to the Waukesha County Huber Facility. Transfer requests will be processed based on available bed space. If there is no available bed space, the request will be denied. The inmate must report in to the sentencing county jail and that jail is to make the request to Waukesha County Huber Facility staff regarding the transfer. All inmates requesting a transfer to the Waukesha County Huber Facility will be required to pay a $50.00 transfer fee, in addition to any required advance Huber board fees.

2. Determination Criteria.
When bed space is available, the criteria for determining whether or not to accept Huber Facility transfer requests will include:

  • EMPLOYMENT STATUS. The inmate must be employed, the inmate's place of employment must be located within Waukesha County and the employment must be verified. Unemployed inmates, including students and/or persons who need to be released from the Huber facility for family- or childcare or other reasons, will not be accepted as transfers.
  • Inmates with a verifiable business activity and business structure, which is not located at or adjacent to their residence, may be accepted as transfers provided the transfers meet the criteria listed below (reference sections (2)( c) and (d) of this procedure).
  • Inmates who work out of their home as a contractor, sub-contractor, and/or any other proclaimed self-employed basis will not be accepted as transfers.
  • WORK SCHEDULE. The inmate's work schedule must conform to Waukesha County Huber program rules as follows:
  • The inmate cannot be out of the facility more than 12 hours in a single day including travel time to and from the place of employment; and,
  • The inmate cannot be out of the facility more than 6 days in a row.
  • HUBER BOARD. The inmate must be able to pay in cash, at admission to the Waukesha County Huber Facility, the first two weeks of Huber board or the full amount of board owed if the sentence is less than two weeks. If the inmate cannot pay the two week or full board amount when he/she reports to the Huber Facility for processing, the inmate will not be accepted as a Huber transfer. After the initial board payment for sentences longer than two weeks, Huber board will be remitted based on the transfer inmate's length of sentence.

3. Advance Arrangements.
Advance arrangements (prior to confinement date) for placement in the Waukesha County Huber Facility will not be accepted. Transfer requests will only be considered after the inmate is in custody in the sentencing county.

4. Electronic Monitoring.
Transfers to the Electronic Monitoring Program will not be accepted. Only inmates sentenced and allowed electronic monitoring by a Waukesha County circuit court will be allowed to participate in the Electronic Monitoring Program.

Connect with us! Facebook Linkedin Twitter YouTube Connect with us on Nextdoor