Items Allowed in the Huber Facility
While in custody, you may not possess contraband. Contraband is defined as any item or substance which cannot legally be in your possession or which is forbidden by jail policy. You are permitted to have the following items in your possession while in the Huber Facility. “Reasonable amount” is defined as the number of items that can be stored in your assigned room locker along with all other authorized items:
- (1) Comb, 1 hairbrush and/or 1 pick (non‑metal)
- (1) Nail clipper; without file
- (1) Shaving razor (including battery operated, trimming style only – nothing with teeth or removable guards), blades (reasonable amount)
- (1) Alarm clock (battery or wind‑up) in sealed package from store
- Authorized religious text
- Textbooks by individual approval only, hand size calculator (as needed for school or work)
- Paper folders, paper notebooks (no spiral binding or metal clips), loose-leaf paper (reasonable amount)
- One (1) book of United States mail stamps, (3) Envelopes
- Personal mail (reasonable amount)
- (2) pens and (2) pencils
- Photographs (reasonable amount, may not depict sexual acts or display frontal nudity or exposed buttock).
- (1) pair contact lenses, one bottle saline solution (unopened), (1) contact lens case
- (1) toothbrush – no dental floss is allowed in facility
- All hygiene items (i.e. toothpaste, shampoo, etc.) must be purchased through vending or commissary.
- Outerwear locker - combination padlock
- Wedding band without stones
- Long sleeve shirts must be purchased through canteen only and must remain in the facility.
- Up to $15.00 in United States currency (no pennies), additional $50.00 may be stored in outerwear locker in dress-out room.
- Male Clothing: T-shirts (2) short sleeved plain, one color, no logos/writing, no pockets. Socks (2) pair, plain, one color, no logos/writing. Underwear (2) shorts/briefs, plain, predominantly one color, no logos/writing with elastic band only.
- Female Clothing: T-shirts (2) short sleeved plain, one color, no logos/writing, no pockets. Panties (2) plain, predominantly one color, no logos/writing with elastic band only. Brassieres (2) plain, one color, no under-wire or padding. Socks - 2 pair, plain, one color, no logos/writing.
County Jail commissary: Inmates transferred from the County Jail are not permitted items purchased through County Jail commissary. These items are to be left in your outerwear locker and removed from the facility.
Reading material: Magazines and newspapers must be delivered directly to the facility by the publisher as part of a subscription agreement.
Personal radios, hygiene items and non‑work or school related reading materials/mail cannot be taken in and out of the facility. Once removed from the confines of the facility, radios, hygiene items and non‑work or school related reading materials/mail will not be allowed back into the facility. Only inmates who are released for educational purposes (i.e. high school, college, or vocational school) may request permission to retain educational books in the facility with supervisory approval. These educational books must be secured in the inmate’s property box when not in use. They will be searched for contraband when returning into the facility for use.