An access permit is required for work in County Highway right of way on
• construction of a new public road intersection
• modification of an existing roadway intersection
• construction of a new or modified commercial, industrial, or institutional driveway on a County Trunk Highway
• jump to Work In Right Of Way permits
What is the purpose of access permits?
• Preserve orderly and safe movement of vehicles on Waukesha County highways with minimum interference to through traffic
• Control the use of drainage structures, which can be necessary to preserve the physical structure of the highway
View the standards for permitting access in Waukesha County Code, Chapter 15 – Roads and Bridges here.
View and apply:
As of Aug 3: Waukesha County Admin Center building is open to the public and Waukesha County Public Works in-person services are available (view safety recommendations). A face covering is required at all times per the State of Wisconsin's Emergency Orders (view). Thank you for helping to keep everybody healthy and safe.
As always, our treasured customers are very welcome to Access Permit services by email and phone. Please keep in touch with us any time via the info below:
Contact: Jason Mayer (email)
Phone 262-548-7749 • Fax: 262-896-8097
8 am - 4:30 pm • Monday - Friday
Waukesha County Administration Center
515 W. Moreland Blvd. AC 220
Waukesha WI 53188 (directions)