An access permit is required for work in County Highway right of way on
• construction of a new public road intersection
• modification of an existing roadway intersection
• construction of a new or modified commercial, industrial, or institutional driveway on a County Trunk Highway
• jump to Work In Right Of Way permits
What is the purpose of access permits?
• Preserve orderly and safe movement of vehicles on Waukesha County highways with minimum interference to through traffic
• Control the use of drainage structures, which can be necessary to preserve the physical structure of the highway
View the standards for permitting access in Waukesha County Code, Chapter 15 – Roads and Bridges here.
View and apply: