Waukesha County

COVID-19 Vaccine: Learn more at www.waukeshacounty.gov/vaccine
About Work In Right Of Way Permits:

A permit is required for work in County Highway right of way for 

• replacement of culvert
• construction of new retaining wall, sidewalk, or path
• installation of sign, traffic signal
• jump to Access permits

What is the purpose of a Work In Right Of Way permit? 

• Preserve orderly and safe movement of vehicles on Waukesha County highways with minimum interference to through traffic
• Control the use of drainage structures, which can be necessary to preserve the physical structure of the highway

View the standards for permitting access in Waukesha County Code, Chapter 15 – Roads and Bridges here.

View and apply:

Waukesha County
Work in ROW Permit 

As of August 6 2021 
Waukesha County residents, visitors, and staff are not required to wear a face covering in most county facilities (more info). 

As always, our treasured customers are very welcome to Work In R.O.W. Permit services by email and phone. Please keep in touch with us any time via the info below:

Contact: Jason Mayer (email)

Phone 262-548-7749 • Fax: 262-896-8097
8 am - 4:30 pm • Monday - Friday

Waukesha County Administration Center
515 W. Moreland Blvd. AC 220
Waukesha  WI  53188 (directions)