Waukesha County

 About Utility permits:

A utility permit is required for construction, maintainance, and/or repair of utilities within a County Highway's right of way. It helps the permitting authority manage the highway right of way corridor for the most efficient use of space, helps the coordination of facilities within, and ensures proper restoration. Permit fees depend on the scope of work that will be occurring.

How to apply:

    1. Click "apply"
    2. Recommended: Save blank application to your computer or device
    3. Complete and save form
    4. Email saved form as attachment to sbrasch@waukeshacounty.gov with:

• Detailed plan of proposed installation
• Supporting documents
Important: No payment is submitted until after your plan is reviewed; permit fee is due prior to issuance of permit.

Utility permit fees
Construct, maintain, or repair utilities within highway right of way 

  Application fee 2019-20 Inspection fee 2019-2020   
Excavate in Pavement first 200 ft $95 $240

Excavate in Pavement each additional 1000 ft $0 $240

Excavate/Plow in Right of Way first 200 ft

$95 $190

Excavate/Plow in Right of Way each additional mile

$0 $190
New Poles per pole  $95 $190
Re-Apply for Utility Permit: $95  

Waukesha County
Utility permit

Contact: Steve Brasch (email

Phone 262-548-7740 • Fax 262-896-8097
8 am - 4:30 pm • Monday - Friday 

Waukesha County - Department of Public Works
515 W. Moreland Blvd • Room 220
Waukesha, WI 53188 (directions)

"Who Maintains My Road?" • Our Divisions • Contact Us • Join Our Team • return to DPW home

Waukesha County Department of Public Works
515 W Moreland Blvd  AC220 • Waukesha WI 53188
phone 262-548-7740 • fax 262-896-8097 

Follow @WaukeshaCoDPW on Twitter