Waukesha County

Do I need a permit to operate a home occupation from my residential property?

No. However, home occupations are specifically defined and there are regulations governing home occupations in the County Zoning Ordinances. Please contact our office for an explanation of these regulations prior to commencing a home occupation on your property. Limited family businesses are also specifically defined in the Ordinance and are different from home occupations and require the approval of a Conditional Use Permit from the Town and the County.

Mailing Address:  515 W. Moreland Blvd. Room AC 230, Waukesha, WI 53188
Reception Desk:  Room AC260
Business Hours: M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (excluding Holidays)
Phone: (262) 548-7790 | Fax: (262) 896-8071

Office Location Map

Connect with us! Facebook Linkedin Twitter YouTube Connect with us on Nextdoor