Substance Use Services
Waukesha County Department of Health & Human Services provides confidential services for people with substance use issues and their families.
- Diagnostic Evaluation/Referral
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Intoxicated Driver Program
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Treatment Aftercare
- Treatment of Co-occuring Disorders
- Women's Health and Recovery Project (WHARP)
Persons needing additional structure and support may be referred to hospitals, outpatient treatment programs, day treatment, detoxification, and/or halfway houses in the community. Education and community awareness sessions are an integral part of the programming.
Fees are charged for some of the services listed above. Where applicable, such fees are computed according to state ability to pay guidelines.
Learn more about applying for Badgercare, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services healthcare coverage program for low income state residents.
Click here for free virtual recovery support resources
Open Access Admissions:
- Submit forms below electronically to email@example.com.
- Include Open Access in subject line.
- Include Patient name, Date of birth, and Telephone number in the body of the email.
- Clients can expect a call within 48 standard business hours.
- All clients will be expected to present at the Health and Human Services office located at 514 Riverview Drive in Waukesha for an in person assessment within 5 business days of document submission.
- Hours for Open Access are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12:30pm until 3:00pm and Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8:30am until 10:00am.
- Open Access Assessment times are not prescheduled and are available in limited quantities each day, so please plan accordingly.
Client Rights and Privacy Notices:
Forms to Complete: All forms below must be completed prior to assessment. If you are unable to complete forms electronically, paper forms will be provided at the time you present at the Outpatient Clinic.
Call Admissions at (262) 548-7666 with questions.