Waukesha County

Agency Adoption

Agency adoptions involve the placement of a child with adoptive parents by a public agency, or by a private agency licensed or regulated by the state. Public agencies generally place children who have become wards of the state for reasons such as orphanage, abandonment, or abuse. Private agencies are sometimes run by charities or social service organizations. This matter is handled in the Juvenile Court and is filed at the Juvenile Center at 521 Riverview Avenue, Waukesha.

Below you will find basic instructions for handling your court matter and most of the forms you will need to get from the beginning to the end of the process. You have the option to:

  • Print the forms in PDF or
  • Complete the Word Fillable forms on-line

If a form is listed but not linked to a PDF or Word document, you must obtain that form from the office in which your matter is being handled.

Please keep in mind that not all forms are due at the same time. Review the Instructions provided to determine in what order to complete each form and other tasks required.

Hint: ONLY COMPLETE THE TASKS IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED - Read ahead, but do not work ahead.

Agency Adoption Packet






JC-1645  Petition for Adoption - Child/Adult 



JC-1641  Order for Hearing and Investigation 



JC-1647  Order for Adoption 



DPH5022  Report of Adoption