Foreign Re-adoption Guide
Packets of all required forms may be obtained at www.waukeshacounty.gov or http://www.wicourts.gov/, or the Juvenile Court office
FORMS REQUIRED AT TIME OF FILING TO INITIATE ADOPTION PROCEEDING
- Petition for Adoption (petitioner(s) to sign before a Notary Public) - #JC-1645
- Original foreign documents with English translations, if available (or certified copies)*
- Order for Hearing and Investigation - #JC-1641
- Report of Adoption (SIGNED BY ADOPTING PARTIES) - #F-05022F
(DO NOT send the fee for the new birth certificate at the time of filing, however, DO fill in “Part IX” of the form with the total amount of new birth certificates you will want. The fee is $20.00 to file, $20.00 for the first birth certificate and $3.00 for each additional copy).
REQUIRED FORMS TO BE FILED PRIOR TO COURT HEARING
- Order for Adoption - #JC-1647
- Agency’s Report of Investigation with recommendation (home study) - Due at least 10 days prior to the court hearing pursuant to Sec. 48.85 Wis. Stats. (Court requires parties to submit ALL studies completed by agency for this child’s adoption with original signatures by agency personnel).
When completing the forms, please be sure to put the child’s FIRST, MIDDLE AND LAST name (in that order) as it appears on the ORIGINAL foreign birth certificate in the caption of each form.
After the readoption has been granted, you will receive a copy of the “Order for Adoption” signed by the Judge and the original “Report of Adoption” after it has been signed and sealed by the clerk in the courtroom. If you would like a certified copy of the “Order for Adoption”, the fee is $6.25 for each certified copy and you may stop in the office to obtain those certified copies. To obtain the child’s new “Certification of Birth Facts” (birth certificate), send the original signed, sealed “Report of Adoption” form and the supporting documents described in “Part V” of the form to the address shown in “Part IX” of the form. If you have any questions about the “Report of Adoption” form, you may call 608-267-7166.