Waukesha County


  • Complete the enclosed “Notice of Motion and Motion” form and file it with the court along with your $500.00 Guardian ad Litem deposit made payable to “Clerk of Juvenile Court”. You may attach additional information to this form if you need to.
  • The court will complete the section of the Notice of Motion with the date and time of your hearing. You are required to call the court in 48 hours to inquire about the status of your Motion being scheduled.
  • You will need to make the appropriate number of copies to be served on EACH of the parties involved in the original guardianship case.
  • Service of the Motion can be performed by any agency licensed to serve legal papers (Sheriff Department is also a service provider) or by certified mail, return receipt requested. You may not personally serve any of the parties.
  • It will be your responsibility to file the proof of service documents with the Court at least 48 hours prior to the hearing. If you have chosen to provide notice to the parties by certified mail then you should complete an “Affidavit of Service” form (GN-3120) and attach the certified mail receipts to the form. If any of the parties are not properly served and proof of service is not filed with the court, the motion may be dismissed by the court. The “Affidavit of Service” must be signed before a Notary Public.
  • If you do not know the current address of any of the parties who are to be served, it will be your responsibility to get that information. The court must be provided with this information.

If you do not understand the procedure as outlined above, you may contact an attorney to help you. The court and the court’s staff cannot provide you with legal advice.