Waukesha County

Contact Juvenile Court 

Phone : 262-548-7449
Waukesha County Juvenile Center 
Room: JC-103 521 Riverview Ave.
Waukesha WI, 53188
Mailing Address: 
Waukesha County Juvenile Center
Room JC-103
PO Box 1627
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Foreign Adoption FAQs


We adopted a foreign-born child several years ago but never applied for a U.S. birth certificate. What is the procedure for obtaining a birth certificate for our child?

Contact the Waukesha County Juvenile Court office at 262-548-7449 and request a "Report of Adoption" form to complete. After you have completed and signed the form, return it to the Juvenile office to get the Clerk's signature and the court seal affixed. Send the completed form and proper fee to the Vital Records office in Madison, Wisconsin to obtain the new certified birth certificate. The address of the Vital Records office and the fee schedule are on the form. If you have any questions about the new certified birth certificate, you can call the Vital Records office at 608-267-7166.