Waukesha County

Contact Juvenile Court 

Phone : 262-548-7449
Waukesha County Juvenile Center 
Room: JC-103 521 Riverview Ave.
Waukesha WI, 53188
Mailing Address: 
Waukesha County Juvenile Center
Room JC-103
PO Box 1627
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Adult Adoption FAQs


Are adoptions of adults done in the Waukesha County Juvenile Court?

No. Adult adoptions, adoptions of anyone 18 years of age or older, are done in the Waukesha County Probate Court. Contact their office at 262-548-7468 to inquire about forms, fees and the procedures necessary to do an adult adoption.

I was adopted when I was a baby. Where can I find information about my birth parents?  

Wisconsin law does not allow information about adoptions, birth parents, or individuals to be released without a court order. To get a court order you must complete a search request through the State Adoption Records Search Program. They can be contacted by writing or calling:

Adoption Records Search Program
P.O. Box 8916
Madison, WI 53708-8916
Phone: (608) 266-7163

Connect with us! Facebook Linkedin Twitter YouTube Connect with us on Nextdoor