Waukesha County




ADRC Programs

 More Information
 Contact Us

Bus service is available to the ADRC through Waukesha Metro transit.

Address: 514 Riverview Avenue,
Waukesha WI, 53188
Phone: 262-548-7848
Toll 1-866-677-ADRC
Free: 1-866-677-2372
Fax 262-896-8273
Email: adrc@waukeshacounty.gov

For information outside of regular business hours please call IMPACT 2-1-1 by dialing: 211 or toll free 1-866-211-3380.

Elder Benefit Specialist Program

Trusted. Confidential. Free.
Expert advice for Waukesha County adults 60 and older.

Elder benefit specialists help older adults understand, get, and keep public and private benefits, including health care and programs that help save money. Benefit specialists don’t sell anything and aren’t paid by any companies. Their only aim is to help you identify and apply for programs and health care that will best meet your needs. Elder benefit specialists are certified State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) counselors. 

Get Help with Medicare:

Welcome to Medicare Classes

WELCOME TO MEDICARE CLASS  |  Every Second Wednesday |  1:00pm (in person) and 5:30pm (virtual) |  Find out more HERE and click HERE to register. NEW: Phone and computer options are both available. A computer and webcam are not required to participate in the class. REGISTRATION REQUIRED.

'Welcome to Medicare' Online Video Series

How to Use Medicare.gov

An Elder Benefit Specialist can help you with the following:

Benefit Programs:
Medicaid Purchase Plan (MAPP)
Medicaid (Title 19)
BadgerCare for under 65 years of age
SeniorCare (State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program)

Learn how to create a MyMedicare Account
Learn how to create a Plan Finder Account
MedicareSavings Programs/Medicare Premium Assistance (QMB, SLMB, SLMB+) 
Medigap/Supplemental Insurance Policies 
Medicare Appeals

Popular Resources:
Energy Assistance (WHEAP)
Social Security (such as Extra Help with prescriptions, Retirement, Disability)
Phone Discount (Safelink)
Housing (subsidized, landlord/tenant issues)
Homestead Tax Credit
Identity Theft
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace plans
The Elder Rights Project