ADRC Advisory Board
Advisory Board Agenda
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) Advisory Board consists of members approvedby the Waukesha County Board of Supervisors. Membership includes individuals from the Commission on Aging, the Long Term Care Committee, the Nutrition Advisory Committee, the County Board, and citizens from the community representing target populations served by the ADRC. In addition to taking over the role of the previous Commission on Aging, the Advisory Board will advise the ADRC and hear any complaints/grievances and act upon them.
ADRC governing boards are required to do the following:
- Develop a mission statement for the ADRC;
- Determine the appropriate structure, policies, and procedures;
- Oversee the on-going operations of the ADRC including annual review of interagency agreements;
- Assure input from consumers, service providers, Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and local constituents in the policies, procedures and goals of the resource center;
- Identify potential new sources of community resources and funding to serve the target populations;
- Provide financial oversight including development of a budget and monitoring of expenditures;
- Ensure the terms of the contract are fulfilled;
- Provide recommendations on selecting the director;
- Recommend strategies for building local capacity to serve the target populations to local elected official, the regional advisory committee and the Department of Health and Family Services as appropriate.
- Review the number and type of grievances and appeals concerning the long term care system in their service area and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate;
- Identify the unmet needs of the target populations;
- Provide well advertised opportunities for persons to participate in the board's informational gathering activities;
- Report findings to the regional advisory committee;
- Appoint members to the regional advisory committee.