Do not put plastic plant pots, containers, and trays in your curbside recycling cart. These pots, containers, and trays are contaminated with dirt and debris, even when rinsed so these cannot be recycled in the curbside recycling bin.
However, plastic gardening pots and trays may be taken to local landscaping and garden centers that accept these items in small quantities to be turned into new garden pots and trays. Check with the store you have purchased an item like this from to see whether they offer recycling service for landscape plastics.
Larger producers may want to check the Wisconsin Recycling Market Directory (WRMD) from UWGB.
Safe Disposal Sites for all Waukesha County Residents:
Lowe's Home Improvement
12000 W. Burleigh St., Wauwatosa, Wisconsin 53222
Stein’s Garden & Home
- Big Bend: S71W23445 National Ave, Big Bend, WI 53103, (262) 662-5800
- Brookfield: 14845 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield, WI 53005, (262) 783-232
- Oconomowoc: 1570 Unity Dr, Oconomowoc, WI 53066, (262) 560-4191
- Waukesha: 2220 E Moreland Blvd, Waukesha, WI 53186, (262) 797-7070
- Wauwatosa: 12217 W Watertown Plank Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226, (414) 763-6599
Due to COVID-19, hours and operations may have changed. Please check with each business or municipality prior to bringing items for disposal.
No endorsement of any business is intended.
Fees may apply.
There are no publicly-owned landfills in Waukesha County.
Please contact us if you own a business that would like to be included on this page as a resource.
We reserve the right to only list businesses that meet our program criteria.