- Eligible Properties: The homes must be owner-occupied, single family attached or detached units (such as condominiums). Unlike the HOME Program Homeowner Rehabilitation Deferred Loan program, there is no limit on the after-rehab value of the home.
- Eligible Repairs: Priority activities include repairs to mechanical or structural items that present an imminent health and safety problem, such as:
- – roofs
- – mechanical system (e.g., furnaces and hot water heaters)
- – plumbing, water or water/sewer laterals in disrepair
- – windows in disrepair
- – foundations
- – siding
- – improvements to the interior of the home in
- bathrooms and kitchens
- – any accessibility improvements
Once repairs have been completed, all homes must meet HOME Consortium Code Requirements or additional work will be required.
- Contact Waukesha County staff to obtain application and determine eligibility. email@example.com
- Schedule a home inspection where our inspector completes a Scope of Work detailing necessary repairs to meet code and other improvements
- Homeowner gets bids from contractors
- Loan closing (this gets recorded as a lien on your property)
- Contractor, homeowner and Waukesha County review owner/contractor agreement
- Work begins on home
- Funds are not released to pay contractors until the home passes the final inspection
Contact Waukesha County staff for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.