Waukesha County

Using Mediation for Other Types of Disputes

By statute, Family Court Services Social Workers are required to perform medations that are related to the Physical Placement of a Child.  They do not mediate any other issues.  However, attorneys will often times perform medations in other types of court disputes.  Please see the Legal Assistance page for more information on how to contact an attorney for assistance.

Other programs and individuals also perform mediations.  Please call 2-1-1 or see the Help Coping page for assistance with finding a mediator that most closely meets your needs.