Waukesha County

COVID-19 Vaccine: Learn more at www.waukeshacounty.gov/vaccine

Getting the Forms & Instructions for Filing for Divorce/Legal Separation

You indicated in the last 2 questions that you and your spouse

  • have minor children together, a child may have been born to the wife during the marriage but is not the husband's, or that the wife is/may be pregnant and
  • that you will be filing Seperately because the other party will not agree to sign the paperwork. 

If either are not the case, please go  back.

Do you believe you need a Temporary Hearing?

Parties may request a Temporary Hearing at any point in the process up until the date the divorce/legal separation is granted if you and your spouse DO NOT agree on such matters as:

  • maintenance (spousal support),
  • whether one of the parties should be ordered out of the home,
  • who should have the use (not ownership) of certain property (such as bank accounts and vehicles),
  • who should make various payments on debts (such as a mortgage payment),
  • or if there are minor children involved, and you cannot agree on child support, custody, and placement,
  • or other issues that you think need court orders before the Pre-Trial Conference.

We currently agree on all matters of the divorce.