Waukesha County


Where are you located?
The corner of Moreland Blvd. and Pewaukee Road/Hwy 164 at 515 W. Moreland Blvd, Waukesha. We are in Room AC148 of the Administration Building adjoining the Waukesha County Courthouse

What are your hours?
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.

What is your mailing address?
Waukesha County Treasurer
515 W. Moreland Blvd, Room AC148
Waukesha, WI 53188

Do you accept postmark date on a mailed payment?
Yes we do, per Wisconsin Statute 74.69, a payment must be postmarked before midnight of the deadline date. A postage meter date, however, does not qualify as a postmark date.

Note: We urge all taxpayers to mail several days early to avoid postal delay when mailing from community mailboxes. You may consider going into the post office and having the clerk hand-cancel your envelope to assure a timely postmark.

Do you have a drop box?
There is a drop box located on the east side of the Administration building across from Door 35. Any payment deposited into the box by 7:30 a.m. will be dated for the previous day.

What holidays are you closed for?
Waukesha County administrative offices are closed for: New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

What are my payment options?
The Treasurer's office accepts tax payments via cashier's check, money order, personal check or cash. All payments must be made in United States Funds only.

Payments can be made in person at our office, mailed or deposited in our drop box.

Payments can be made via the internet by using your credit card (2.39% convenience fee) or by direct debit to your checking account ($1.50 convenience fee).

If my escrow check is payable to my local treasurer do I have to get a new check?
No, we can accept the check if we are collecting the taxes. We do not accept checks payable to anyone besides the Waukesha County Treasurer, local treasurer or deeded property owner.

My escrow check is more than my tax bill, when will I get the overpayment?
If the payment is for the first installment we will notify your local treasurer of the overpayment and they will issue you a check. If the payment is for the second installment the County will issue a check within thirty days.