Updated: 9/2/2014 03:47:38 PM
|Waukesha County Parks - Trails |
Park Hours: Sunrise to 10 pm Year-Round
- Trail maps are available at each park location or the Parks and Land Use Office.
- For trail conditions, call our 24-hour automated information line at 262-548-7800.
- Motorized vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not allowed on non-motorized trails.
- Pets are restricted to designated trails and campgrounds. Pets are not permitted in picnic or beach areas.
- Daily entrance fee or annual sticker required on all vehicles.
- Dogs must be leashed (6' maximum leash length).
- Fires permitted in designated locations.
- Park only in designated lots.
- Hunting, shooting, and trapping are not permitted.
- Liquor is not permitted - beer by picnic permit only. Camping is allowed in designated areas - by permit only.
- Horseback riding permitted on bridle paths only May 1 - November 1.
- Boat launching permitted in designated locations.
Trails by Category
Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Muskego Park have great trails for riding. Bridle trails are open May 1 - November 1, weather permitting. Closures due to weather conditions will be posted at the park. The park entrance fee does apply.
ALERT Minooka Park's Bridle Trails will close for special events on the following dates:
| Sat. August 30 || Sat. September 6|| Wed. October 1|
| Sun. August 31 || Sat. September 20 || Wed. October 8 |
Dogs are permitted on County Park Land. They must be controlled on a six (6) foot leash. Dog owners are requested to remove dog droppings, bag them, and place in refuse containers. Pursuant to Waukesha County Code 14 Sec 14-157. Sorry, dogs are NOT allowed at Retzer Nature Center.
Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park have sledding hills. Snow conditions for each park are updated Tuesday and Fridays by 5:00 p.m. Please see the quick link under: Snow Conditions