WAUKESHA COUNTY PARKS - TRAILS
- Trail maps are available at each park location or the Parks and Land Use Office.
- For trail conditions, call our 24-hour automated information line at 262-548-7800.
- Motorized vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not allowed on non-motorized trails.
- Pets are restricted to designated trails and campgrounds. Pets are not permitted in picnic or beach areas.
Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Muskego Park have great trails for riding.
Bridle trails are open May 1st thru November 1st, weather permitting. Trails may close due to wet conditions and will be posted at the park. The park entrance fee does apply.
Ryan Park bridle trails are temporarily closed to protect and maintain the turf. The trails will reopen once the frost is sufficiently out of the ground and the turf firms up. Staff will check the areas and reopen when conditions improve.
CROSS COUNTRY SKI TRAILS
Trail Descriptions and Totals:
The Park System has over 16 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails. See detailed information below:
- Menomonee Park has three loops totaling 4.5 miles on gently rolling terrain.
- Minooka Park has three loops totaling 6 miles on gently rolling terrain.
- Nashotah Park has three loops totaling 6 miles on gently rolling to hilly terrain.
The Park System also has trails that are not groomed but can be used for hiking, skiing and snowshoeing at the following parks:
- Fox River Park has three loops totaling 4.5 miles.
- Muskego Park has three loops totaling 3 miles.
- Retzer Nature Center has one loop totaling 1 mile.
(Snowshoe rental is available at Retzer's Environmental Learning Center.)
Park Hours: Sunrise to 10 p.m. year-round
- Daily entrance fee or annual sticker required on all vehicles.
- Dogs must be leashed (6' maximum leash length).
- Fires permitted in designated locations.
- Park only in designated lots.
- Hunting, shooting, and trapping are not permitted.
- Liquor is not permitted - beer by picnic permit only. Camping is allowed in designated areas - by permit only.
- Horseback riding permitted on bridle paths only May 1 - November 1.
- Boat launching permitted in designated locations.