Updated: 10/5/2015 10:37:22 AM
We have changed our look, please visit the
Waukesha County Parks - Trails
Park Hours: Sunrise to 10 pm Year-Round
- Trail maps are available at each park location or the Parks and Land Use Office.
- For trail conditions, call our 24-hour automated information line at 262-548-7800.
- Motorized vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not allowed on non-motorized trails.
- Pets are restricted to designated trails and campgrounds. Pets are not permitted in picnic or beach areas.
- Daily entrance fee or annual sticker required on all vehicles.
- Dogs must be leashed (6' maximum leash length).
- Fires permitted in designated locations.
- Park only in designated lots.
- Hunting, shooting, and trapping are not permitted.
- Liquor is not permitted - beer by picnic permit only. Camping is allowed in designated areas - by permit only.
- Horseback riding permitted on bridle paths only May 1 - November 1.
- Boat launching permitted in designated locations.
ALERT Lake Country Trail Maintenance: 2014-15
American Transmission Company (ATC) will be replacing existing wires and structures along the Lake Country Trail. Portions of the trail will be closed periodically between October 2014 and April 2015 to accommodate the movement of crews and equipment. Click for ATC's schedule and project information.
Trails by Category
Menomonee Park, Minooka Park and Muskego Park have great trails for riding. Bridle trails are open May 1 - November 1, weather permitting. Closures due to weather conditions will be posted at the park. The park entrance fee does apply.
Dogs are permitted on County Park Land. They must be controlled on a six (6) foot leash. Dog owners are requested to remove dog droppings, bag them, and place in refuse containers pursuant to Waukesha County Code 14 Sec 14-157.
Sorry, dogs are NOT allowed at Retzer Nature Center.
Menomonee Park, Minooka Park, Mukwonago Park and Nashotah Park have sledding hills. Snow conditions for each park are updated Tuesday and Fridays by 5:00 p.m. Please see the quick link under: Snow Conditions