Register of Deeds
Department Head: James Behrend
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
Waukesha County Administration Center
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
We are located in Room 110 of the Waukesha County Administration Building
What we do WHAT DOES THE REGISTER OF DEEDS OFFICE DO?
James Behrend, the Register of Deeds, is elected to a four year term and employs a staff of 17. The Register of Deeds Office provides a depository for safekeeping and public inspection of all legal documents pertaining to:
The Register of Deeds Office handles the recording and filing of deeds, mortgages, land contracts, articles of incorporation, real estate transactions, subdivision plats, certified survey maps, condominium declarations, etc. Please click below for additional information:
NOTE: Real estate documents prior to 1994 are not available online. Copies and searches must be obtained at the Register of Deeds office. All subdivision plats, condominium plats and certified survey map images are available online.
* For General questions, please try the Wisconsin Register of Deeds association at http://wrdaonline.org/
* For questions or issues regarding Fee-based online document access, please email email@example.com and include "Document Access" in the subject header.
- Public Access document Search
- NOTE: Pay Per View document access is now available, but performance may temporarily be impaired after office hours. Please use this service Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM until Aug. 31
- Please use the "Browser test " link on the left side of the Pay Per View page before purchasing documents to determine if your browser and Java versions are current. This system requires Internet Explorer.
To apply for a marriage license, please visit the website of the County Clerk's office
Uniform Commercial Code
Only UCC financing statements that affect real estate are filed in the Register of Deeds Office.
Federal Tax Lien
A federal tax lien notifies the public that a federal tax lien exists against the debtor named on the notice and establishes the federal government's priority with respect to a majority of competing creditors.
The Tax Listing Division of the Register of Deeds Office analyzes and applies ownership and legal description information from recorded documents onto Waukesha County parcel tax listings to aid the municipal Assessors with their assessment roll work. Please send questions regarding Tax Listing issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org