Family Legal Clinic
Wednesdays, 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (Please be advised that Legal Clinic is not held every Wednesday, please call to inquire as to dates/availability)
Waukesha County Courthouse, Room C-153
515 W. Moreland Blvd. in Waukesha
WHAT IS IT:
20 minutes of free legal advice with a volunteer attorney.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Individuals with family court related legal questions and are in need of assistance. Appointments are limited to 20 minutes.You are limited to 1 Legal Clinic Appointment.
Are you an attorney and want to volunteer? Click here for more information.
HOW TO GET AN APPOINTMENT:
To make an appointment you may either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org call 262-548-7544 and leave a message. A staff person will assess the issue and get back to you as soon as we are able. In your message please provide the following:
1. Name and Phone number where you can be reached during the day:
2. Case Number(s):
3. Name of Other Party:
4. Name(s) of Children:
5. Do you have an attorney?
6. Have you previously used Waukesha County Legal Clinic?
7. Please explain why you want to see an attorney? What is it that you would like done?
Before Your Appointment
Appointments must be canceled or rescheduled by 12:00 p.m. on the date of your appointment by calling (262) 548-7544. If you do not call to cancel/reschedule your appointment in a timely manner you may be prohibited from rescheduling in the future.
- You must organize and bring all forms, documents, etc. with you when you come to the Clinic. It is only a 20 minute consultation so get organized!
- If you have been provided forms, complete as many blanks as possible. The attorney can help with how to word particular answers, but cannot complete the forms for you.
- Attorney/Client privilege applies to conversations you have with the attorney.
- Attorneys can ONLY assist those persons who do not already have an attorney.
- Attorneys can ONLY assist if the question is related to family court matters (divorce, legal separation, annulment, child support, maintenance/spousal support, family support, custody, or placement issues, post-judgment issues, temporary restraining orders).
- Bring your checkbook in the event you need to file documents with the court after the consultation.
- Be prepared to go through security screening.
Check in at the front desk of the Family Division. The Customer Service Representative will have you read and sign a disclaimer form.
**This Program is Co-Sponsored by the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Volunteer Lawyer’s Project**