Public Health Information

Updated: 4/22/2015 02:22:41 PM

  ***Please click here for an update on Ebola***

Waukesha County

Public Health

A Division of the Department of Health & Human Services 

Public Health Center
514 Riverview Ave
Waukesha, WI 53188

(262) 896-8430
Toll Free: 1-800-540-3620
Fax: (262) 970-6670 

The Nurse Call Center is available:
Mon., Wed., Thurs., & Fri. (8 AM – 4:30 PM)

Extended Hours on Tuesdays (8 AM – 6:30 PM)

Quick Links:

Walk-in Services
PH Services Brochure
Never leave your child alone in a car - even for a minute
Community Health Improvement Plan and Process
The Value of Public Health to Our Lives & Our Pocketbooks
Sign up to volunteer for emergencies
Sign up for Medical Reserve Corps

   Get quick answers about Obamacare laws and the Health Insurance Marketplace


What we do


The Public Health Division is committed to preventing disease and promoting health for all citizens in Waukesha County.

The division offers a wide range of public health services focused on the control and containment of human public health hazards.

The core functions of public health are to assess and monitor the health status of the entire county, develop public health policy, and assure access to quality health care.


  • Monitoring health status for community health problems
  • Investigating and controlling health problems and environmental hazards

Policy Development:

  • Educating the public
  • Promoting community partnerships
  • Creating policies and plans that support health


  • Linking people with needed health services
  • Promoting a sufficient workforce
  • Evaluating health services
  • Conducting research
  • Promoting access to health care
  • Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
  • Promoting social and economic conditions that support good health

If further information is desired, please contact the Public Health Division at 262-896-8430, or toll-free at 1-800-540-3620. TTY/TDD 262-896-8234

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact a medical professional or call 911.