The Public Health Division is committed to preventing disease and promoting health for all citizens in Waukesha County.
The division offers a wide range of public health services focused on the control and containment of human public health hazards.
The core functions of public health are to assess and monitor the health status of the entire county, develop public health policy, and assure access to quality health care.
- Monitoring health status for community health problems
- Investigating and controlling health problems and environmental hazards
- Educating the public
- Promoting community partnerships
- Creating policies and plans that support health
- Linking people with needed health services
- Promoting a sufficient workforce
- Evaluating health services
- Conducting research
- Promoting access to health care
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Promoting social and economic conditions that support good health
If further information is desired, please contact the Public Health Division at 262-896-8430, or toll-free at 1-800-540-3620. TTY/TDD 262-896-8234
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact a medical professional or call 911.