Aug 22 2023
We Want To Hear From You: Park & Open Space Plan update 2023
One week left! All Waukesha County residents, visitors, and other stakeholders are asked to submit feedback and questions via comment card no later than Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4 pm.
Your input is important. Thank you for your help!
• • •
Aug 11 2023
Announcement: Public Involvement Meeting on Aug 15 2023
All Waukesha County residents, visitors, and other stakeholders are cordially invited to a "public information open house" to review and discuss updates to what's called the Waukesha County Park and Open Space Plan.
At this informational open house, attendees are welcome to interact with Waukesha County staff, ask questions, and provide comments. A quorum of the Waukesha County Board may be present, but no action will be taken.
• Tuesday, August 15
• 4 pm - 6 pm
• Waukesha County Expo Center - Arena Building (directions)
Unable to attend? We welcome your feedback and questions via comment card no later than Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4 pm.
For additional information regarding this Public Information Meeting, please contact Waukesha County Parks at 262-896-8300.
About the Waukesha County Park & Open Space Plan:
- It's a collaborative planning effort led by Waukesha County and includes local units of government, non-profit conservation organizations, and the State of Wisconsin.
- The POSP is a guide for the preservation, development, acquisition, and management of park, recreation, and open space lands in the County; the update being submitted for approval now is for the five-year period 2023-27.
- It's a key component of another plan: the Comprehensive Development Plan for Waukesha County
- There's a "funding eligibility" component as well: The Park and Open Space Plan is designed to meet State requirements for outdoor recreation funding programs. This allows Waukesha County to apply for and receive available State and Federal funds for acquisition and development of park facilities.
- To provide a comprehensive document, Waukesha County works cooperatively with Waukesha County communities and stakeholders. We'd love your thoughts!
• • •