Diagnose plant problems, learn about pesticide applicator training, green industry business regulations and licensing and more.
- Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Short Course: A four week short course held each February designed to keep landscaping and grounds maintenance personnel up to date on the newest education practices and technology available to green industry professionals. Click here to view the 2017 Landscape & Grounds Maintenance Short Course brochure.
- Trial Garden and Plant Field Health Days: A program held early August in conjunction with Boerner Botanical Gardens. This one day educational event utilizes the gardens for many different walks including: showcasing new varieties, tried and true plants, and the diagnosis, proper care and maintenance of plants. Educational talks are also held indoors throughout the day on emerging problems, disease and insect problems and plant selection. Attendees can choose from a variety of sessions. Registration brochures are mailed mid-June. Early registration is encouraged as space on garden walks are limited. Contact our office to be added to the Trial Garden and Plant Field Health Day mailing list.
- Urban Forest Health Workshop: An annual one-day workshop held in partnership with the DNR focuses on urban forestry topics including invasive species, tree health, and pest management. The 2017 workshop will be held in Waukesha on October 31. Click here to view the 2017 Urban Forestry Workshop Bruchure.
- Pesticide Applicator Training: The Waukesha County UW-Extension office offers three different private pesticide applicator certifications for county residents wishing to obtain a pesticides applicators license. Private pesticide applicators are those individuals who use or direct the use of pesticides on an agricultural commodity AND the applications occur on land owned or rented by you or your employer.
The three categories you can become certified in through the Waukesha County UW-Extension office are:
Private applicators can become certified on two ways:
1) Attend a half day training session and take the exam (held in January or February each year).
2) Self-study - individuals wishing to become certified by self-study study the manual on their own and schedule an exam to be taken in our office. Exams can be taken in our office between 8 am and 4:30 pm. Please contact Lisa at (262) 548-7775 to schedule your exam.
We offer the General Farming Pesticide Training Manual for sale at our office for $36. For other manuals or information on commercial pesticide applicator certification, visit the University of Wisconsin Pesticide Applicator Training Program’s website.
For more information regarding Green Industry, please contact:
Commercial Horticulture Educator
UW-Extension Waukesha County
515 W Moreland Blvd AC G22
Waukesha WI 53188
Phone: (262) 548-7775
Email: Kristin Krokowski
Civil Rights Statement: University of Wisconsin, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Wisconsin counties cooperating. An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.