Waukesha County




ADRC Programs

 More Information
 Contact Us

Bus service is available to the ADRC through Waukesha Metro transit.

Address: 514 Riverview Avenue,
Waukesha WI, 53188
Phone: 262-548-7848
Toll 1-866-677-ADRC
Free: 1-866-677-2372
Fax 262-896-8273
Email: adrc@waukeshacounty.gov

For information outside of regular business hours please call IMPACT 2-1-1 by dialing: 211 or toll free 1-866-211-3380.

Disability Benefit Specialist Program

Trusted. Confidential. Free.
Expert advice for adults 18–59 with disabilities.

Disability benefit specialists help adults with disabilities answer questions and solve problems, related to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance, and other public and private benefits.

You can get free and confidential help from a disability benefit specialist if you:

  • Are between the ages of 18 to 59
  • Are a youth transitioning from children’s services to adult services starting at age 17 years and 6 months
  • Have a disability
  • Live in Waukesha County

Get help with:

  • Income including Social Security benefits such as Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
  • Health Insurance including Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs that help cover health care costs.
  • Housing and utilities including shutoffs and financial assistance programs.
  • Expenses including FoodShare, internet, and phone bills.
  • And more…

Work with a disability benefit specialist to:

  • Apply for Social Security disability benefits, including SSI.
  • Fill out forms for continuing disability reviews.
  • Appeal denials of disability benefits and overpayments.
  • Compare options for health insurance, benefit programs, or solutions to an issue.
  • Apply for programs that will save you money.
  • Advocate on your behalf with other parties.
  • Refer you to an attorney when necessary.

Call the ADRC at (262) 548-7848 or (866) 677-2371 if you would like to be referred to a Disability Benefit Specialist.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf-blind and need help with your benefits, you can contact the Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at (855) 359-5252 or Jennifer Koehn, DBS supporting DHS at (262) 347-3045 Videophone or jenniferm.koehn@dhs.wisconsin.gov or visit their website at: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/odhh/index.htm


Additional Information