Waukesha County


About Utility permits:

A utility permit is necessary for construction, maintainance, and/or repair of utilities within a County Highway's right of way. It helps the permitting authority manage the highway right of way corridor for the most efficient use of space, helps the coordination of facilities within, and ensures proper restoration. Permit fees depend on the scope of work that will be occurring.

Waukesha County
Utility permit

Contact: Steve Brasch (email

Phone 262-548-7740 • Fax 262-896-8097
8 am - 4:30 pm • Monday - Friday 

Waukesha County - Department of Public Works
515 W. Moreland Blvd • Room 220
Waukesha, WI 53188

How to apply:

    1. Click on "Utility Permit" below
    2. Save blank application to your computer or device
    3. Complete and save form
    4. Email saved form as attachment to sbrasch@waukeshacounty.gov with:

• Detailed plan of proposed installation
• Supporting documents
Important: Payment is not submitted until after your plan is reviewed and is required prior to issuance of permit.

  • • Apply for a UTILITY PERMIT application

    Click to apply: UTILITY PERMIT • construct, maintain, or repair utilities within highway right of way 

      2017-18 Application Fee  Permit Fee  2017-18 Inspection Fee
    Excavate in Pavement first 200 ft  $90 $0   $230
    Excavate in Pavement each additional 1000 ft $0  $0  $230 

    Excavate/Plow in Right of Way first 200 ft

    $90  $0  $180 

    Excavate/Plow in Right of Way each additional mile

    $0  $0  $180 
    New Poles per pole  $90   $0 $180 
  • • Re-apply for a UTILITY PERMIT


      2017-18 Application Fee Permit Fee
    Re-Application Fee for Utility Permits: $90 --