January 18, 2021
Project status updated: This project is now completed! You have our appreciation for your patience and safe driving in this area throughout the project!
Please enjoy your new intersection, signals, and turn lanes!
• • •
November 30, 2020
New: Flashing Red Arrow -- A User's Guide
Making a turn from eastbound Beloit Rd (County Hwy I) to southbound Moorland Rd (County Hwy O)?
Then you may encounter a new traffic signal that's a bit uncommon in Wisconsin: A flashing red turn arrow. Here's the scoop:
• Drivers on eastbound Beloit Rd making a turn onto southbound Moorland may encounter a solid red arrow; that means stop and remain stopped until signal changes. The usual.
• Or, drivers may encounter a flashing red arrow; this signal permits a right turn that must yield to possible conflicting U-turn traffic on Moorland Rd (see image). Keep an eye out for the sign that reads "Right Turn on Red must YIELD to U-Turn."
• Or, drivers may encounter a solid green arrow; that means it's safe to proceed with no conflicting traffic. This is called a "protected turn."
Again, this signal may be unfamiliar to our treasured Waukesha County drivers. Thanks for spreading awareness of how it works. Give us a shout with any questions anytime!
• • •
October 23, 2020
Coming Soon: New Traffic Signals at Moorland and Beloit
• Installation of permanent traffic signals to begin on Nov 1
• Ends Nov 20 approx.
• Watch for roadside staff, lower speeds; no lane closures
• • •
October 9, 2020
Change to traffic pattern: starting Oct 19
• During a seven-day period, it won't be possible to make certain turns at the Moorland - Beloit intersection:
• drivers going north on Moorland Rd: no left turn to Beloit Rd westbound
• drivers going south on Moorland Rd: no left turn to Beloit Rd eastbound
• drivers going west on Beloit Rd: no left turn to Moorland Rd southbound; no proceeding through intersection
• drivers going east on Beloit Rd: no left turn to Moorland Rd northbound; no proceeding through intersection
• Through Oct 26 approx
• For reconstruction of centermost pavement area
Click images below to view map.
August 21, 2020
Overnight closure next week:
• Beloit Rd (CTH I) to close briefly at intersection with Moorland Rd (CTH O)
• No impact to Moorland Rd traffic
• Thursday August 27 • 9 pm - 6 am
• For concrete pour
Change to traffic pattern in Sept:
• Two-way traffic lanes on Moorland Rd (CTH O) to move over to the east side of the roadway
• Starting Tuesday September 1 • 9 am
• For construction of lanes on west side of roadway
• Watch for new signage, new traffic pattern
Project completion date (approx):
• Please expect to enjoy your new O and I intersection in November 2020
July 24, 2020
Park & Ride to re-open:
• Valley View Park & Ride at I-43 & Moorland Rd is set to re-open on Tuesday August 11, 2020.
May 20, 2020
New public info:
• In lieu of our usual Public Information Meeting, a mailer with project details and contact info has now been sent to residences and businesses along the project route. We look forward to resuming our gatherings with our customers as soon as possible. For now, we welcome your feedback by phone and email!
Do your daily commutes pass through the O and I intersection? Then click "Public Info Materials" above to view this mailer, too!
April 8, 2020
• Valley View Park & Ride at I-43 & Moorland Rd to close April 17, 2020 - June 17, 2020.
• Important: Vehicles not removed by April 17, 2020, will be ticketed and towed at the owners’ expense.
• Click for more info
April 6, 2020
• Construction began Monday, March 30. Temporary traffic signals are now being installed at intersection of County Hwy O and County Hwy I.
Coming soon to County Hwy O:
• Removal of median near County Hwy I
• Temporary closure of one northbound, one southbound lane.
Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices