• Frequently Asked Questions

  • Does the County issue permits for piers and other structures placed on the bed of a water body?

    No, the County does not issue permits for private piers. The County's Zoning jurisdiction is landward of the shore. Anything water-ward of the shore is under the jurisdiction of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. However, both governing bodies regulate commercial piers.