Waukesha County

Docketing a Judgment for Collection

Docketing a judgment means putting the judgment on the formal record of the court. When that occurs, the amount of the judgment becomes a formal "lien" against the real estate the debtor owns in that county for a period of ten years and allows you to take actions to enforce the judgment.

The Waukesha County Civil Court Court will accept a letter (including your case number) requesting that the judgment be docketed, or, if you prefer, you may use the instructions and form below to docket the judgment.  Please ensure you include the appropriate fee for docketing a judgment along with your request.

Docketing a judgment may also be done electronically utilizing the eFiling website by following the instructions found here