Waukesha County

COVID-19 Vaccine: Learn more at www.waukeshacounty.gov/vaccine

Lost a Small Claims Case

A Judgment was Entered Against You

Now what?

  1. Complete the Financial Disclosure as directed by the court.
  2. Return the property or pay the money judugment.

What if I don't pay voluntarily?

The the party can docket the judgment, which becomes a lien on your real estate for 10 years and may cost you additional collection fees. This lien may significantly affect you credit rating and ability to sell the property on which the lien was placed.

Once the judgment is "docketed" the other party has several other options for collecting the money from you. To review those options please go to the Post-Judgment section of this website.

I paid, how do I have the Lien removed from my property?

Go to the Satisfactions of Judgments and Liens section of this website.