Jennifer Mantei, Certifier
Phone No: 262-548-7250
Beth Treder, Certifier
Phone No.: 262-548-7897
Where can I get a list of certified family child care providers?
List of Family Care Providers
Where can i go for classes?
In the Classroom:
4C for Children
1805 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., Milwaukee, WI 5312
Early Education Station
8634 W. National Ave, West Allis, WI 53227
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
505 Pine Ridge Dr. , Shell Lake, WI 54871
Phone: 1-800-243-9482 ext.5221
Each floor or level used for child care shall have at least 2 exits.
1. The primary exit shall be a door or stairway providing unobstructed travel to the outside of the building at street or ground level. A door or stairway leading to a platform or roof with railings which has an area of at least 25 square feet is at least 4 feet long and is not more than 15 feet above the ground level.
1. Driver of a vehicle must hold a valid driver’s license and have the vehicle registered in Wisconsin.
2. Children under the age of 13 may not ride in the front seat of a vehicle.
3. Each child must be seated and properly restrained in an individual seat belt or, for a child under 8 years old; a safety restraint system must be used.
4. There must be a written transportation permission slip signed by a parent or guardian on file.
5. Children may not be left alone in a vehicle.
6. Providers must comply with all local and state laws: If the provider’s vehicle has a seating capacity of 6 or more passengers plus the driver, the vehicle needs to be equipped with a child safety alarm. ( 2009 WI Act 19)
When marketing your child care business you should be proactive rather than reactive (have a plan in place that you are constantly working on rather than waiting until you have an opening to consider how to market your child care), get maximum benefit from low cost and first impressions are important. When marketing you need to communicate the benefits of your child care program to the clients who might use your services.
Following are some ideas on how to market your child care program. See how you can work them into a marketing plan that will help promote and grow your program.
Information taken from the following sources: