Waukesha County


ATTENTION: To better meet customer demand, walk-in services hours on Tuesdays will be 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM starting March 1, 2018. For more information, click HERE (en español).

Public Health Services

Contact Us

Dept. of Health and Human Services
Address: 514 Riverview Avenue
Waukesha WI, 53188
Phone: (262) 896-8430
Fax: (262) 970-6670
TollFree: 1-800-540-3620
Email: hhs@waukeshacounty.gov

The Nurse Call Center is available by phone:
Mon., Wed., Thurs., & Fri. (8 AM – 4:30 PM)
Extended hours on Tuesdays (10:30 AM – 6:30 PM)
Walk-in services are available:
Mon., Wed., Thurs., & Fri. (8 AM – 4:15 PM)
Tuesdays (10:30 AM – 6:30 PM)
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact a medical professional or call 911.

The Public Health Division will be closed to the public for 2018 holiday observances on the following dates:

  • INDEPENDENCE DAY will be observed Wednesday, July 4, 2018
  • LABOR DAY will be observed Monday, September 3, 2018
  • THANKSGIVING DAY and THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING will be observed Thursday, November 22, 2018, and Friday, November 23, 2018
  • CHRISTMAS EVE and CHRISTMAS DAY will be observed Monday, December 24, 2018, and Tuesday, December 25, 2018
  • NEW YEAR'S EVE and NEW YEAR'S DAY (2018-2019) will be observed Monday, December 31, 2018 and Tuesday, January 1, 2019


Adult & Senior Citizen Care Coordination

Public health nurses provide care and assessments for adults and seniors living in Waukesha County with health problems in the home, including:

  • Chronic illness (https://www.cdc.gov/LearnMoreFeelBetter/)
  • Safety issues
  • Deteriorating health
  • Mobility issues affecting self care
  • Inability to perform activities of daily living
  • Persons in need of medical or health resources
  • Education about medications
  • Persons physically and mentally stressed by care taking responsibilities

Where do I go?

Telephone referrals to Public Health can be made by calling 262-896-8430. Referrals can be faxed to 262-896-8387.

Adults and seniors can be seen in Public Health's Walk-in Clinic for:

  • Physical health assessment
  • Blood pressure monitoring
  • Anemia screening
  • Cholesterol and glucose screening
  • Medication counseling
  • Nutrition counseling
  • Health education